Thursday, October 30, 2008




David Tennant to leave Doctor Who




David Tennant announced yesterday, after four years playing the role of one of only two men to be known simply as 'The Doctor', that he would be leaving the role at the end of next year. The BBC has not yet announced who his replacement will be. I am, however, in a position to drop an exclusive hint to readers of this blog, following an interview and screen test two weeks ago (pictured).

The new role will fit in perfectly with pastoral ministry since I will be able to leave after the Sunday evening service, spend a few months saving the planet (again), and still be back in time to take Elaine out for coffee on Monday morning.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ha ha! Sounds like you need some training on the TARDIS controls though. Surely you should be able to save the planet for a couple of months and be back in time to make Elaine a cup of coffee that same evening...or, even come back earlier and get to preach twice...

Gary Benfold said...

The possibility that really excites me, Adrian, is nipping forward 24 hours each Saturday, finding out what I'm going to preach, then returning and making notes. What a lot of preparation time that would save!

Gigi said...

But Gary - do you speak Klingon?

Gary Benfold said...

Nope, Gigi - I don't even speak French. But I think the TARDIS takes care of all that.

Gary Benfold said...

PS Gigi - Did you get my email?

Gigi said...

er - no...

try again: gill.baconnier@gmail.com

Gary Benfold said...

OK; I'll try again - though this is the address I used last time, straight from your profile page. It was just that when i eventually found your comments on my blog (I hadn't discovered at that point that you can set it up to notify you when a comment's left) I wrote:

Dear Gigi,

Thanks so much for your encouragement which I just found on my blog today. It's a great privilege to discover from time to time that folks in different parts of the world listen to my sermons; an even greater one when they seem to help. As far as I know, you're my only listener in France; I trust they'll continue to be a blessing to you.

Sincerely,

Gary

I'm not confident, so I'll leave this whole thing on the Dr Who entry, and on French Windows, too.

Blessings,

Gary