Thursday, July 08, 2010

Elvis - Crying in the Tabernacle

I've got some great posts scheduled for the next three days, kind permission of Adrian Reynolds at the Proclamation Trust.

But meanwhile, it seems Martin Downes and I got a mention this year at the Met Tab Summer School. Well well. I preach my heart out for 30 years and all it takes to achieve fame is to discuss Elvis on a blog.

Thirty-eight years ago, going through a teenage-unhappy patch, I heard Elvis sing 'Crying in the Chapel' - 'Take your troubles to the chapel, get down on your knees and pray, and your burdens will be lighter, and you'll surely find the way.' I did; I heard the gospel and got saved. 'Taint his best song - but it's kinda important to me...


He does a version of 'Amazing Grace' too - but maybe another day.

No comments: