Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Crossway - Customer Service (outstanding)

A while ago I e-mailed Crossway in the US to ask why I couldn't get the ESVin epub form, so that I could download it onto my Sony e-reader.


A while later, I received an e-mail in response from one Liz Young, the 'ebook and digital licensing co-ordinator' at Crossway, who assured me that in about a week it would be available.   She encouraged me to get in touch again if I had any problems.


Two weeks later, I still couldn't find the file on Crossway's website.  I emailed Liz and told her; there'd been problems, she said, but it was there now.  She sent me the link.  Sure enough, there it was, and I downloaded it.  My computer could open it - but I couldn't get it to install on my e-reader.


So I emailed Liz.  After a while, she emailed me back and... and we went back and forth like that for a while.  She made suggestions, I couldn't do it and said so - and so on.


Eventually, after several emails over most of a day, I was finally able to download the ESV and install it on the e-reader.  It's there now.


My point is this: Crossway's representative cared enough to sort out my problem from the other side of the Atlantic.  She cared enough to consult her team to discover my problem.  She cared enough to keep going until the problem resolved.  Then, when I thanked her, she emailed again and thanked ME for alerting them to the problem so that they could help others.


And - to cap it all - the ESV download is free.


Now, that's what I call outstanding customer service.  Thank you, Crossway.  (Thanks, Liz)

No comments: